Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Style: T-shirt Vest

Every summer it seems I have worn out t-shirts that are destined for dustrag kingdom. But there are some t-shirts that I just don't want to get rid of! I keep tees that have an interesting design on them or are just a great color and then repurpose them as accessories. Here I have turned a great tee into a vest, complete with a pinned on flowerette made from the t-shirt's left over arm fabric. Here is how I did it:


Step 1: Lay t-shirt flat and find vertical (lengthwise) middle
Step 2: Cut lengthwise slit up t-shirt's middle front side
Step 3: Cut the arms of the shirt off.

You're Done! Now you have a cute vest to wear with a tank and a perfect pair of jeans!

Note: I angled the bottom of my vest for a more interesting look, but feel free to leave the bottom edges straight or get wild and fringe them!
































Happy styling,
Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment