Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DIY Inside: Making Your Own Easy Artwork

When it was time to make a nursery for our second child I had a hard time finding artwork for her room. I decided to take matters into my own hands and make some art. I was inspired by the juxtaposition of bold graphic lines and the softness of florals and birds. I bought 2 large canvases and masking tape (or painters tape), a quart of white semi-gloss and a quart of black high gloss. The different glosses gave the graphic pieces an interesting textural element. So here's how I did it.

Step 1: Measure your canvas into 3 sections by drawing a pencil line.
            Each section should be the same width.
Step 2: Place one simultaneous piece of masking tape over each penciled line.
Step 3: Paint each section. (I used alternating black and white for a bold graphic pattern,
            but you can use any colors and more than 3 sections!)
Step 4: After your canvas has dried overnight, peel tape off.
            Voila! You now have a beautiful and personal piece of art for your sweet space :)

Happy creating,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment