Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY Chef: My Favorite Salad Dressing


A delicious Honey Balsamic vinaigrette from thekitchenista.comGreat on salads and chicken!



Ingredients
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• Sea salt
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Tools and Equipment
• Bowl
• Measuring cups and spoons
• Whisk or fork
• Spoon (for tasting)

Add ingredients to bowl and whisk together.

Yield  
Makes about 3/4 cup of dressing (enough to dress a large salad or several smaller salads, possibly with some leftover)

Note: Sometimes I do not add the mustard due to some family members not liking dijon. Even without the mustard, this dressing is still delicious! To serve, I use a creamer pourer or a clear plastic squeeze bottle. I perfer to use raw honey and pure olive oil with the balsamic, but I think any flavor honey or olive oil would taste great :)


Happy cooking,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment