Monday, June 18, 2012

DIY Special: A Sentimental Souvenir

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend camping and hiking at the river. We were celebrating our anniversary, so it was a special trip full of great memories. While we were on the rocky beach having a stone-skipping contest, I found a pretty, smooth, heart-shaped rock. I put it in my pocket and thought about how I could make it into a keepsake to remember this special time. So here's what I did:

Tools:
-a pretty memento like a shell, rock, beach glass, acorn...etc.
-magnet (strong enough to hold your object)
-acrylic paint (choose colors that you love!)
-hot glue gun & glue gun sticks
-pan for paint (I like to use the styrofoam pans that portobello mushrooms are sold in)
-paint brushes
-fine tip sharpie (optional)

Step 1: Find a small memento during your trip. It should be light and thin enough to be used as a magnet.


Step 2: Pour the colors of paint into your pan that you will be using on your souvenir. 


Step 3: Paint your memento. Make it special like a scene from your trip or the name of the city you visited. I used a fine tip Sharpie to write letters on my rock.


Step 4: Let paint dry before attaching magnet. Attach your magnet to the back of your souvenir with hot glue. Let glue dry for 10 minutes before using. Note: Keep hot glue gun out of reach of children and pets!


Now you can enjoy some memories every time you pass the fridge!

Happy memories,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment